Visitor Visas and ESTA

The B (visitor) visa category is available to those who wish to visit the U.S. temporarily for either business (for example, for conferences or business meetings) or pleasure (for example, to visit family of friends, or to go to Disney World, etc.).  Business visitors are issued B-1 visas, and visitors for pleasure are issued B-2 visas.  The form for this (and many other) non-immigrant visa applications is the DS-160, which must be completed online.

The key factors in getting a B visa are proving the applicant has a permanent residence in the home country which he/she has no intention of abandoning, that the applicant wishes to enter the U.S. for a temporary period, and that the applicant intends to engage in activity relating to business or pleasure.  Employment is generally not allowed on this visa.

In many cases, a visa is not required for travel to the US for pleasure or business purposes.  Canadians, for example, generally do not need a B visa.  Citizens of many other countries may qualify for visa-free travel under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).  Before coming under the VWP it is first necessary to apply for travel authorization with the US Customs and Border Protection, via their online ESTA site.  

Our Services: We will advise you as to your eligibility for the B visa, guide you through the procedures, prepare the necessary paperwork, and help get you ready for the visa interview.  For those already in the US, we will assist with preparing and filing the application to extend the stay in B status.





For More Information:

Contact us at 410-719-1501 .

Contact Us

Byrley Law Firm, LLC
10015 Old Columbia Road Suite B215
Columbia MD 21046

410-719-1501 (MD)
240-295-0280 (Fax)

Inquiry Form

Follow Us